Tweet

Saturday, September 10, 2016

"YOU'RE CLOSE TO THE FINISH LINE," THE DOCTOR SAID.

       

       "You're getting close to the finish line,"

the Doctor said."

       "When you say, 'the finish line...'

What do you mean", I ask.

       "I mean Death," he said.

       "That's what I thought you meant," I said


*
*
*
*




Then the Doctor went on to say, "Maybe 

you shouldn't be riding a bicycle anymore."

      "What d'ya mean?" I ask.
     
       "Well, you passed out and hit a curb on 

Fisher street. Maybe you should switch

to a tricycle."

       "Jesus, Doc!  This is turning into kind 

of a rough meeting... If I'm about to cross 

the finish line, I don't think I want to go out 

riding a tricycle... Tho there is a Jamaican 

saying..."

       "What's that?" the Doctor asked.

       "Once a man and twice a child," I said.

       "Very good," he says...   "Think about

the tricycle."


                           
                                *




    


            Later that week,    I talked to a friend 

who's a mechanic.


He said:
               "Go ahead, buy a tricycle.

I'll put a lawnmower motor in the basket.

You'll go like a bat out of hell."



               "That sounds good," I said.

               
               "Make sure you buy a tricycle

with brakes," he said, "You're gonna

need them."





                                                  *


                                                    (C) 2016 by W.G. Milne





  1. What did you study at Upper Canada College?

  2. Intro
    Guitar, song writer. Ex- attorney, John Rock, Blues etc, "Roving Reporter Rants." Books at amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment