You're right. Some of the worst situations may teach us most.
I want to thank you for your clear-headedness, wisdom and knowledge.
You're a big support and help to me and I'm grateful.
I appreciate your words. Thank you, but for me it's the other way around. That cliff top makes me feel as if I'm there and it inspires me. It's always the best feeling when one experiences God because that rubs off on me. God has written things thru me before. It's such a miracle reading what he writes thru you. His Spirit appears through u just like it happened thru the disciples long ago.
Walker
True enough. And I've got to get a copy of The Clifftop Writings to you.... I'm slowly editing bits, but it's almost impossible for me to edit it. 280 pages typed single spaced.... (And just between the two of us, I thought I was writing the New Testament) Anyway, while I was there I was amazed and astounded... and every time I began to doubt, something wild and beautiful happened to set me straight... I was a young man then... and there were no distractions.
Walker
Now I think I'm going to call it, "THE POET'S TESTAMENT." We'll see. This will all take time.
I'm not sure how much of it I actually wrote --- maybe one third.
Sounds good. Also I laughed when I read u felt as if u were writing the NT, but it is hard travail to obey God and do what u know u must do. It takes so much effort to do what we're called to do, but our souls must surrender and do it. It's labor, but nothing else would satisfy you. It reminds me of the time Jesus asked God to take the cup of sacrifice away from him, if possible. It is tedious work, but there is no other way to win the race and satisy your soul. Plus God will always appear to help u. Sometimes it feels as if it's a burden. As it has to me in the past. I've even wondered if a calling is a blessing or a curse. God will see you thru it as he did Noah though. We can try to run, but we won't get far. He will provide uninterrupted time.
Walker
I'm glad you laughed! But that's what I thought. I was in the hut for month after month... I got angry. I ripped up small trees and plants. I bled all over the pages of the Nag Hammadi Library (hardcover). Then I thought I was being a fool. I hadn't socialized, had a drink or spend time with a woman for a long time... and I was 26 or so. I walked down the goat path down from the hut...about one third of a mile down to a dirt road....I was muttering and talking to God all the way down... Finally I hit the dirt road, so I talked to the sky. I said, "Listen, you're going to have to give me some sort of sign... to prove I'm not being an utter fool and and an asshole."
Walker
So I stood on that dirt road looking at the sky at 3 to 4 AM... I was looking to the west. And I saw a shooting star. Then I turned to the north - I saw a shooting star. I turned to the south - I saw a shooting star. I turned to the east - I saw a shooting star.
1
So I said: "All right. That's good enough. I'm convinced. Oh Lord!" ... I had a nap in the house down below. At ten AM I drove to town and bought 7 bottles of red wine. I called a woman and told her, I'd be real busy for a while...
You've always had a great calling, and after everything's said and done, we can laugh and see the humor, but it feels like hell at the time. Just hang on and complete everything, and ur soul will then find rest. You absolutely have a way with words and u write exactly as u feel. This would reach any audience who are drawn to the genuine.
Walker
Then I climbed my path again... Sat down on a comfortable seat in the rock... Opened my notebook. And open the book to the Gospel of Philip.... I was perplex for a while. But I really concentrated. A few drops of rain fell on the book and on my head. A train passed by across the bay, and I shouted at it. And all my shouts echoed back.
Also it doesn't matter if u wrote 1/3 or all. You've given credit to others and ur words are what's powerful.

Walker
Then the clouds parted and the sun shone on the pages of the book, even with the blood on it. I rewrote 2 paragraphs, then I was stumped. And I concentrated utterly onto the pages... and my hand completed the paragraph... and I kept writing for .. ? .. And I was writing the bottom of the page, but my mind was still at the top of the page.... I know very well --- some of the stuff that was being written down - I never would have had the courage to write myself.
Walker
The words were/are true... I guess I was chosen because I am a skilled writer, and I knew law... Not because of any moral character on my part. I had always been what you might call a hound dog... But this experience blew my mind clear. And I have never been confused since.
Thank y
No comments:
Post a Comment