I find this song mysterious, because when I first wrote it I didn't know who I was writing the song to...
Over the years I've understood the song better.
The best way I can put it is the song is written exactly for the person who is listening to it now.
"When I saw you,
Tears running down your face,
You were lost in time
And you'd lost your place,
Then I knew
Wherever you'd been
However you'd sinned
I'd see you through"
"When I saw you
And the world was wrong
You'd forgotten your dream
And you'd lost your song
Under the moon
When the streetlights were on
And your lover was gone
But the year was new"
"When I saw you,
Your sorrow in your hand,
Afraid to turn your head
And afraid to stand
When I saw you
By an ocean of sand
In a huge hourglass
And the sand had passed through"
"When I saw you
By the side of the Seine
And the streetlights talked
By the river again
As the wind blew
Through your long flowing hair
The river whispered its truth
I was so glad to be there."
When I saw you.
(C) 1990-2017 by W.G. Milne and
John Rock Corporation,
All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment