The one we call Christ, Jesus the anointed one,
can find many ways into a person's
heart-soul-mind...(we really need a word that means
heart-mind).
I have spoken in negative terms about being
"born again", only because it's not that
easy. We forget that in order to truly
be born a second time, first it is
necessary to die.
To experience the Realization in Christ,
it is necessary to die completely. And we are not
psychologically ready for such an experience
in the west.* At least, I wasn't ready.
I was at the university, and I had a small
room. There was a woman who was crying
and I was trying to comfort her, but there
wasn't a thing I could do to help her.
She was not crying about one specific
thing - her crying was more of an ontological
nature.
She was weeping because she had
no solution,no answer, no comfort.
Her crying helped me
develop the passion that is necessary
to make the final assault on the citadel
of the mind.
I had already found a question
that was plaguing me... a paradox.
If we focus on reality and say it is
one coin. One coin is your focus point.
One side of the coin is beauty, the other
side of the coin is ugliness.
HOW CAN BEAUTY AND UGLINESS
BE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN?
I had been fasting for weeks,
not entirely fasting - I had juice,
a little rice, a touch of protein. For three
or four days up to this event
I drank water only.
The desperation of the woman
and my own desperate need to know,
my own passionate searching...
to find the answer to the question
reality poses... To discover
something that would alleviate her
suffering... this provided the urgency
that was needed.
So I turned to the Bible, and I
read:
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD
And it turns out this was perfect.
There is no way you can understand that
statement intellectually. The intellect
can only go so far.
It's like a monkey in a locked
room with a bunch of bananas hanging
from the ceiling.There are three
wooden boxes in the room. Eventually
the monkey will learn to stack the
three boxes one on top of the other
in order to climb up and get
the fruit.
The boxes are like the intellect.
The intellect is for practical problems.
Once you get the bananas, you
set the boxes aside. Once you've
solved the practical problem you set
the intellect aside. The 'intellect' is not meant
to be for the full perception of
what is.
A one-pointed focus of your full
mind is necessary to apprehend
the nature of being, to pierce the
problem 'reality' presents us with.
So I was focusing with all my
might: in the beginning was the word...
in the beginning... the word... the word
...THE WORD...
Then something happened.
I was focusing with all the
passion I could muster, together
with the goad of the desperation of
the woman.
All of a sudden the room went
dark. There was an implosion in
my mind, as if someone had dropped
a television off a balcony... and the
TV hits the sidewalk, and the TV
implodes because of the vacuum tube
that is in it.
It was a huge sound a great BOOM.
I thought the sound must have disturbed
the neighbours. I thought everyone
in Toronto must have heard the sound!
No one did. Only the eggshell of my
mind had imploded into itself. And
all I saw was darkness... dark...dark...
infinite darkness in all directions.
I realized
I KNEW ALL THERE WAS TO KNOW AND
I KNEW NOTHING.
I had been focusing on the eternal mind
of Christ and I was praying for aid.
Then I tasted. For a short but highly
significant while, my mind was the Mind
of Christ.And Christ's Mind is:
KNOWLEDGE OF ETERNAL LIFE,
LIFE BEYOND DEATH IMBUED WITH
INFINITE MERCY AND HEART.
Christ is not just the foundation of
my mind. Christ is the foundation of all
our minds. Look deeply enough within
and you will awaken the Christ
within you.
At its best, each mind functions
as the Mind of Christ. I was partaking
of his Mind for a while, I saw what He
sees.
Heart-Mind.
This is why in the Gospel of Philip
it is said:
"Seek not to be like Christ,
but to be Christ."
This is where the Knowledge is
imparted.In this Experience.
This is the mirrored Bridal Chamber.
If the seeker seeks... "Seek and
ye shall find."
And what does the seeker find?
What does the seeker find if he drinks
in the teachings and the words of
Christ, if he drinks of the spring waters
coming from the mouth of Christ?
He finds:
'HE WHO WILL DRINK FROM MY MOUTH
WILL BECOME LIKE ME. I MYSELF
SHALL BECOME HE, AND THE THINGS
THAT ARE HIDDEN WILL BE REVEALED
TO HIM."
The Gospel of Thomas, verse 108.
I am sorry folks, but this is NOT what is being
taught in the Christian churches of this
day!
The churches are in error and they
must find correction.
We cannot allow our young people
to go forth in the search for the meaning
of life, without providing them a support
system to which they can return.
There are many difficulties along
the way and it would be proper for us to
provide a few signposts.
Why is it necessary for a seeker
in Christ to go to other religions in order
to discover what the hell has happened
to him?
After the Realization experience, the
Foundation Experience, I didn't sleep for three days.
I walked around the City of Toronto
knowing all there is to know in utter joy.
I looked at the world around me
and the universe above and knew that all this
was made of the utmost purity. All things
were of this purity. And when death comes,
you fall back into the Mind of Christ, which is
your own mind. So what's the problem?
At death, I'll fall back into
what I have already realized is
my own Mind,when it's working
at its very best,without ego or
personal preferences. Where's
the fear in this?
The Realization Experience
comes only to those who have sung the
hymns to annihilation of the ego
and personal lusts.
The problem is the ego comes back a few
months after the Experience, it returns with its
endless personal ambitions and lusts. So it
is necessary to enter into spiritual
practices to keep the monster from the door,
to keep things from clouding your
vision.
But once you have passed through
the utter annihilation of the Foundation
Experience, you are not the same
person anymore. Your identity has
changed from small "i" identity
into capital "I" Identity.
And nothing is ever the same again.
(C)2014 by W.G. Milne
And copyright as to the book title,
"Hymns to Annihilation".
No comments:
Post a Comment